Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Countdown to 1000th visit...

In gratitude to all who have taken the time to visit the site, I have decided to offer the 1000th visitor (since June 3rd) a "spirit of aloha" package from the islands containing the following:
  • One 7 oz. bag of Hawaiian gourmet Kona coffee
  • One box chocolate covered macadamia nuts
  • One box of 16 green tea bags
  • One Hawaiian music CD
  • One Hawaiian Hurricane popcorn
I estimate this "milestone" will be reached within seven to ten days.
(Stat counts were started on June 3rd, 2006)

To quote my friend Lisa, "countdown is on!" =D

I should mention, this concept is not new - check out Mae's blog of Jersey, Channel Islands:
Other bloggers weekly postcard/post-link contests (missing one? let me know):
  1. Mark of Saint Maxime, France
  2. Natalie of SoCal
  3. Jenny of Sharon, Connecticut
  4. Karine of Buenos Aires - thanks to mark ;)
Mahalo nui loa!
[Kala]nakilaokalahui

18 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

What a cool idea,Karin from Buenos Aires Daily also does competitions.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 1:07:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Thanks Mark! =)
My oops for forgetting Karin!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 1:10:00 AM HST  
Blogger Carlos Boto said...

Hello Kala and congratulations!
One of my dream trips is Hawai'i...
Your pictures only leave me more anxious.
Discover Coimbra!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 1:39:00 AM HST  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Oooh, chocolate covered macadamia nuts!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 3:51:00 AM HST  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

ooh soo cool!! hmmm coffe!!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 3:55:00 AM HST  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

I love macadamia nuts!!!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 4:09:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow! That's quite the package! yummy.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 6:21:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

Is it cheating if I just keep commenting over and over again until I hit the 1000 mark? =)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 6:48:00 AM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

I was wondering the same as Natalie ;). I wonder how Hurricane popcorn tastes like...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 7:16:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Actually, the commenting does not impact the count because counts are based on another method =)

As for the Hurricane Popcorn, I only came upon this when a friend told me about it as I was sending a box to a friend in Sweden - so, I've never tried it, perhaps I can ask my friend.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 7:28:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

how do you win?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 2:51:00 PM HST  
Blogger Annie said...

Aloha, You have a good idea for getting folks to post. And you have a very nice blog to post to. Annie

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 2:55:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Elaine and Annie - this response may answer both your questions at the same time - the way to win is not to try to win is the best way I can explain it - in fact, I debated whether I should mention anything at all, since my hope is that you will only feel compelled to post as you would because you simply liked the pic worthy enough to place a comment.

I'm doing this because I am suspending further posts for an indefinite period after the 1000th mark and would like to celebrate the joy I've had in doing this by sending the "gift of aloha" to some person who would accept it.

The amount of comments people write will have absolutely no effect on how fast or slow that 1000th mark is reached....the count is being done in another manner.

I post pics not for the comments, but for the enjoyment and sunshine it may bring to others on a gloomy day. =D

Hope that explains it =)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 4:02:00 PM HST  
Blogger Deetsa said...

No more pictures until then? Aaagh! Come on, people! Let's get crackin'!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 6:19:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

hehe - pictures will b posted until the 1000th visit =)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 7:14:00 PM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

I think I've seen the Hawaiian popcorn and it may have seaweed in it (no joke)! Even so, sounds like a very nice prize. I love all these contests!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 at 9:14:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

aww - stopping is not good! I love your site.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 at 5:41:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the mention :-)

I haven't been here in a long time and am sorry for not visiting...

Your site is so good! I mean, beautiful. I much prefer it than the last time i saw it. Hey, keep up the great work!

Anyway, did you ever receive the postcards i sent you???

Good luck to the winner...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 at 5:15:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home