Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Hawaiian Full Moon


The image on the left was taken at 6:30 PM yesterday and the image on the right was taken at 4:00 AM early this morn of the brilliant full moon casting its light over the Pacific Ocean. I don't know if you can see the rock on the bottom of the right image, but it was a great night/early morn to be out with waves crashing along the shore - we didn't get back until 6:30 AM for bed. I'll show you a day time pic of this cliff in a later post - its quite an amazing place to hang out.

Got a full moon post? share it with me =)

10 Comments:

Blogger Deetsa said...

The pictures are lovely, both of them, but I think I'm struck by the power of the right hand side moon. It seems so otherwordly.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:51:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

"A" for staying late to take the 2nd pic ! both really gorgeous shots :) . I took one the other day, but no trees, sea ..

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 9:11:00 PM HST  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

didn't think to try for a photo, the full moon has been out recently and kept me up, it was so bright, had to use a sleep mask...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 12:23:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

Great shots love the pic on the right truly dramatic. Ok So what were you doing until 6.30AM?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 1:09:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

We got there at 3:30AM and it took 1.5 hours to get the right shot with tripod!
I should mention there was a light walk on a trail to get to the spot before then and then we had breakfast coz I was starving! =)
Thanks for the info on Karine!

And thanks to the rest of u guys for dropping a note *wink*

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 1:13:00 AM HST  
Blogger BarelyLiegl said...

Hey Nicolas,
WOOOOOOW!!! Your moon looks so much better than mine... =)
I love the b/w picture, it's such a great shot, would love to print it on A0 and put it on my wall at home.
Oh you lucky one, living in such a nice area!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 2:40:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is so cool! I like the photos.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 6:21:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the moon picture too! It's truly beautiful. The moon on the moving sea, how romantic.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 9:01:00 AM HST  
Blogger Alex said...

First time on your city blog. I love it. These photos are paradisiac and inspiring.

-Alex

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 1:43:00 PM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Wow, beautiful pics!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 at 9:08:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home