Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

King Kamehameha Regatta

Hiya!

This weekend was the King Kamehameha celebrations and this is a canoe regatta of about 30+ races (sprints) with kids from 11 and 12's all the way to adults 70+ y.o. participating in their respective age groups and skill level. The race distance is 1/2 mile to 2 miles depending on the age group. I paddle in the Open Mens division - a competitive division of experienced paddlers but this year I took off so that I may do my DP hobby hehe - I paddled with some of the guys in the above pic last year as well as coaching the women for this canoe club. The canoes have to meet hawaiian specifications - water line, design and weight. The paddles base material have to be made of wood although minimal carbon fiber synthetics are allowed. Thanks to Kris for her canoe pic ...
I'm curious - would you "men/women" be interested in viewing an image gallery of some 30+ pics I took on this day? If I can get about "20 show of hands" then I will put the gallery together, otherwise, I can post selected images in the coming days.

I'm off to a midnight photo shoot with Mr. Moon!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, peaceful picture! This is a cool one to start the week !! Thanks, especially since it is winter here, and lots chilly at the mornings.
I was laughing whil reading your postings on my blog. I will put pictures of the tattoos for sure, and as for the Kanji sign, it has been designed by a Japanese friend of mine, so no worry there, hehehe

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 12:56:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

Great action shot! very series people! i would love to see it "live" , heheh..but the gallery will do ,too :)

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 1:21:00 AM HST  
Blogger Ineke said...

Wow,this kajakking is serious business. To be honest i didn't even know there was such a thing as an Olympic development progam for kids in Hawai.
I am all for the gallery!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 1:28:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Yes, yes, yes! Please post the gallery. Your blog is the first one I open each day to see what you have added, not only because of the location but your photographic skill is a wonderful model, at least for me! Thanks for posting and including the info to educate us.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 3:05:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

Love it , can't wait for the one at a time photos, let's see them all.Where did you shoot them from land or sea? I grabbed this one for my screen saver. Lol

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 3:10:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

Sorry, I meant wallpaper.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 3:13:00 AM HST  
Blogger Sarah said...

Beautiful photo. The water looks amazing! A gallery would be great, and are pretty easy to do on Flickr.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 3:48:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like the photo too. Yes that gallery would be way cool.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 4:58:00 AM HST  
Blogger buzzgirl said...

Thank you for stopping by, and for your comments.

I've been a lurker for a while. I love your photos.

I can't believe I've never been to Hawai'i! I hope I'll make it there soon. It's so beautiful.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:06:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

I'm with the others...do the gallery!

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 11:19:00 AM HST  
Blogger Deetsa said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture! That water looks so inviting. I'm sure canoeing like this is hard-work but fun. I've only canoed once in my life and it was on a placid lake.

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:50:00 PM HST  
Blogger Deetsa said...

Oh... oops! I forgot to say that I'd love to see any gallery of pics you have. It's so nice to see other parts of the world

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 7:53:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi there peeps =)

thanks for leaving comments - I will most likely put up a gallery and looking into a suggestion by Sarah to use flickr - never used that before - but it wont be till later this week - as I have deadline to go before I sleep - miles and miles of deadlines :P

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 8:50:00 PM HST  
Blogger zdenka pregelj said...

Wonderful photo!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 8:26:00 AM HST  
Blogger Bob said...

Great pic

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 at 11:22:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home