Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Purple Bougainvillea

Blogger or my internet connection is not letting me see pictures from your blogs, so my apologies if I have not written any comments on your posts.

This vine type plant was first observed and named after Admiral Louis de Bougainvillea of France during his travel across the Pacific. First observed in Brazil in the mid 1700s, this plant can be seen in various colors around the island. I think this plant is pretty much ubiquitous around the world? The purple color is much richer in person than it is in this photo.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jazzy said...

What a great collour of the earth. I've seen these flowers in other colours too.

Hello from Jazzy Tuzla

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 at 1:37:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Gorgeous! I've never seen it in purple before, just red, orange, or white.

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 at 7:02:00 PM HST  
Blogger Ryan said...

Great pictures on this site. The colors are amazing.

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 at 7:49:00 PM HST  
Blogger Deetsa said...

Gorgeous colours. I'm actually a little more tempted to come to the Hawaiian islands seeing this blog.

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 at 8:37:00 PM HST  
Blogger Ineke said...

That's a beautiful bougainville!
Have been busy with work and only now found the time to catch up with all the other blogs and i really like the way you display the other smaller pictures. Well done!

Wednesday, June 7, 2006 at 10:37:00 PM HST  
Blogger zdenka pregelj said...

This is the most beautiful bougainville I ever saw in my life!!!

Thursday, June 8, 2006 at 1:14:00 AM HST  
Blogger Bob said...

Lovely shot

Thursday, June 8, 2006 at 3:50:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

The three predominate colors in this photo complement one another. A visual treat. Thank you.

Friday, June 9, 2006 at 4:14:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to shoot that same shrub. The purple is too elusive.

Friday, June 16, 2006 at 12:13:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home