Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Water Crafts

How many different water crafts do you see above? This is part of a canoe kayak team, a junior Olympic development program in the islands - the ages range from 8 years old to adults.


This picture was inspired by Nerissa's Sports Day post of British Columbia. Got a canoe or kayak pic you'd like to share? Let me know! :)

[ Click Here! ] to watch a 4-person kayak in action.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Kala, As usual, you "done good"!! I counted 10 crafts, the entire scene is inviting and I enjoyed the video. Makes me want to visit again. Thanks for the cybervisit.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 2:39:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

I think I see a few water crafts on the horizon but I can't make out what they are.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 4:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger zdenka pregelj said...

Yet another beautiful shot!!!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 5:49:00 AM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Hm, I'm no expert but I'd say there are at least three different kinds there...

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 6:23:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

This is so cool!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 8:43:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Thanks for responses =)

Although as Kate pointed out, there are 10 crafts, Nicola actually figured out there were three "different" water crafts:
- One person olympic style kayaks;
- One person olympic style canoe;
- One person hawaiian canoe.

Natalie surprised me with her amazing eye sight and noticed the objects in the horizon - even I did not notice it - they are paragliders.
Here is the pic of the paraglider I took yesterday:
Para glider

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 10:12:00 AM HST  
Blogger midnitebara said...

your photos makes me yearn for summer already. It wont be long though but I doubt you will be seeing me at the beach here. The waters here are cold even in mid- summer.
nice photos!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 1:30:00 PM HST  
Blogger Deetsa said...

I'll bet that water is a lot warmer than here. Much nicer to fall into if your kayak tips ;-)

Beautiful shots. Puts mine to shame!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 6:27:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Beautiful pictures. The most desired destination in our country is Hawaii and there's even an expression in our language.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 10:25:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

hi Midnitebara and Nerissa - the water is nice and warm - quite fortunate for me since i spend alot of time in the water

Hi Jazzy Tuzla - thanks again and I hope you will be able to make it out here! If you happen to read this, you will have to share what that expresson is! =)

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 10:45:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home