Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Friday, June 09, 2006

"Lighthouse"

Threes, Pops, Rock Piles, Devils Rock, Bowls, Castles - the names of various surf spots around the island - the picture above is from a break called lighthouse because the surf break is outside of an actual lighthouse. While biking home, I stopped by the lookout and took this photo at approx. 5:30 PM.

If you have an image/post of a surf break, I'd like to provide a link to your image!

13 Comments:

Blogger DieHardX said...

ALOHA! beautiful ocean, beautiful beach, u r living in paradise! it's like a baywatch + lotr blog! hehe!

Friday, June 9, 2006 at 7:25:00 PM HST  
Blogger Deetsa said...

Nice picture. Makes me think back to France of all things. Quite unexpectedly we encountered surfers on a long curved beach in Brittany, France.

Friday, June 9, 2006 at 9:53:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hey Diehardx- you have a great blog on the world cup too! :)

Hi Nerissa, thanks - France has some really good surf - theres a surf meet over there somewhere quite popular with the locals here.

Friday, June 9, 2006 at 10:09:00 PM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

For surfing in France Birtitz is the place. Great photo Kala, puts my surf shot to shame.Lol

Friday, June 9, 2006 at 10:59:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Mark - I actually thought yours was better - I hope you decide to post yours - then I can link to it! =D

Friday, June 9, 2006 at 11:17:00 PM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Now that looks like fun, but I guess only for the skilled ones.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 8:27:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Nicola, Diamond Head breaks are a little more challenging at times in my humble opinion since it gets windy in that area.

And Thanks to Kate for sharing her Link

Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 8:31:00 AM HST  
Blogger Liz said...

I love this king of pictures!

It's helping more and more while I am here, in the wild hot of the city studying... thinking to be in Hawaii...for a few minutes...:-)

Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 8:35:00 AM HST  
Blogger Denton said...

Adding links for surf break photos post by others is a good idea.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 8:43:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Louz - actually, I have not seen Riding Giants, but I believe that was filmed on Pa'ia Mau'i at the surf spot called Jaws with Tow-in surfing. Laird Hamilton just did a Eurpean trek - surfboard paddling from England to France or something and biking into Paris for a documentary to raise money for Autistic kids.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 2:56:00 PM HST  
Blogger Annie said...

That looks like such fun. But I've never done it.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 3:49:00 PM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Wish I could be biking home past the beach! Nice shot. The weather at the beaches here have been foggy lately. We have a few hot surf spots that I need to get around to.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 at 8:27:00 PM HST  
Blogger BarelyLiegl said...

Hey Nicolas,
long time no commenting, I'm sorry!
Ah, I just love your pictures, they're always so great and picturesque...
I wish I could surf, it looks like a real fun sport, but we don't even have a lake nearby... =(

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 1:25:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home