Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Carpet Tree

Carpet TreeI call this the carpet tree only because when you sit on this tree, it feels like you're sitting on a carpet. Much of the tree is covered in this mossy material which i do not know what its called but if any of you do, please let me know, I'm curious to know.

This photo was taken from an elevation of 3500 feet, one of the highest peaks on the island, so theres some interesting plant life here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Kala, it looks soft and comfortable. The various shades of green surrounding it seem so Alive!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 1:31:00 PM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

carpet tree works!!! sooo green

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 6:58:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the name of the moss but suspect it is eating away at the wood. I have an old log here that went through this kind of process and is not nearly done with. It was never as nice as this picture.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 11:55:00 PM HST  
Blogger Oya said...

That is awesome....I wish I would be there now. It is steaming hot here....

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 12:48:00 AM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

I'd like to try to sit on this tree too :) I like the trees.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 2:00:00 AM HST  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Just wonderful, Kala! So green, so luxurious!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 2:37:00 AM HST  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Kala, its so lush and the variety of greens make the shot so interesting. Beautiful picture. I would like to sit there for a while.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 7:35:00 AM HST  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

Probably very fragrant too!

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 at 4:14:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home