Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, July 09, 2007

Kidnapped paddles

Ka mamakakau'aI usually like to go paddling after a hike and this is one of the pictures I took while on my canoe facing towards Waimanalo and the Ko'olaus.

The photo inset shows a portion of the paddle design on the back of my paddle blade. Written on the front is a portion of the lyrics to the song Ka mamakau'a by Palani Vaughn - A song about a band of hawaiian warriors who attempted to reclaim the queen's monarchy back in the late 1800's.

There's only two paddles on this planet with that design in the back and the song in the front because I did the designs myself. The original paddle (a double bended shaft Gillespie brand) was taken from my mothers house about six months ago, and the second paddle, you can see, is resting on the canoe in the pic.

Another paddle taken from the home was my very first canoe paddle and one that was hand made by my uncle. A 56" paddle with a unique curved T-top handle.

If you see these paddles, please let me know. Here's pictures of the two that is missing...

Have a nice week.
Live Aloha!

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

that sucks! Its very unique ( the handle,) so hopefully it will surface!! I'll keep my eye on EVERY PADDLE I SEE !!

Monday, July 9, 2007 at 11:36:00 AM HST  
Blogger Lilly said...

Great post!!

Monday, July 9, 2007 at 12:24:00 PM HST  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

I am enchanted with the color of the water! Beautiful! What a view!

Monday, July 9, 2007 at 1:27:00 PM HST  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

kala, i am very sorry about your stolen paddles!

but oh! that water! it calls to me.

Monday, July 9, 2007 at 9:50:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. A nice photo and a good story with a crappy ending. I suppose you reported them stolen. I don't know if that is the thing to do or if you just prefer drowning the thief.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 at 7:01:00 AM HST  
Blogger photowannabe said...

What a bummer. I don't understand people taking other people's property. These are true works of art. I hope the culprit is found.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 at 12:28:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

myself, reading about your missing paddles brought tears to my eyes.

You must pinpoint where you were on the mountains shown in today's picture on your hike last week.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 1:02:00 AM HST  
Blogger lv2scpbk said...

It amazes me how clear the water looks and the wonderful blue color.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 2:46:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jilly said...

You live in the most beautiful place that it's somehow even sadder that your paddles were stolen.Sure hope you get them back. Beautiful photograph, as always.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 6:22:00 AM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Oh, what a beautiful photo and an interesting story. I love the blue ocean and the mountain and the green trees.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 10:51:00 AM HST  
Blogger aisha said...

That's a damn shame. I'll definitely keep a look out for the paddles bro.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 at 3:04:00 PM HST  
Blogger travelphilippines said...

o wow what a view

Thursday, July 12, 2007 at 10:58:00 AM HST  
Blogger GMG said...

Come on, this blue is too much for someone needing holidays... What a shot!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 at 3:25:00 PM HST  
Blogger JaamZIN said...

i am sorry for your missing paddle...first when I saw your photo I said WOW..but the story is so sad that I feel like to go to help to search for your paddle

Friday, July 13, 2007 at 7:21:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

oh i'm sorry to hear about the stolen paddle, hope you'll get it back soon.
wow, wow, wow, what a view, the colours are amazing..

Friday, July 13, 2007 at 11:00:00 PM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Sorry about your missing paddles. Haven't seen them here. :) I lost my diamond engagement ring (no joke!) *sniff* *sniff*. So, when I find something, big or small, I remember what it is like to lose something and how important it is to try to get it back to its owner. *sniff*

Monday, July 16, 2007 at 11:25:00 AM HST  
Blogger Neva said...

who would steal canoe paddles???? nice shot.

Friday, July 20, 2007 at 5:21:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home