Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

First Friday

This photo was taken inside the Hemmeter Building, the location of a new restaurant called "Downtown @ the HiSAM", a restaurant for the Hawaii State Art Museum and serves fare a la France, Italy and Spain, deli style. The Hemmeter building is also worthy of mention since its a historical building:
  • Built in 1872
  • Purchased by Chris Hemmeter in 1987, it underwent a $30 million upgrade.
  • Three years later, he sold it to BIGI Corp. of Japan for $82 million.
  • The state was renting the Hemmeter building for $2 million a year and eventually purchased if for $22.5 million.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting information. The Japanese have invaded Hawaii, or so I was told. The investments there are monumental and, that destination is the top destination of JAL from Japan. Does all that sound about right to you?

-------

Today, I published a nest photograph and some details about its construction; and a link to some dead birds with an explanation. Oh; and thanks for coming to my blog and leaving comments. I do appreciate it.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo
My Photography

Saturday, June 2, 2007 at 12:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger Martel said...

it is surprising and impressive. very beautiful photograph

This Weekend, I propose on my photo blog on Martel. Before and After.
And amusing, I start with Delfour-Couderc drapery, it was the house of the late arrears Grandparent of Olivier (DP Evry)
(A friend, it is him which me advises to make a blog)
My blog photographs on the town of Martel

Saturday, June 2, 2007 at 4:05:00 AM HST  
Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kala, I'm glad you continued posting and also that I find time and the way to visit your blog once again. Photos are generally excellent with some favourites truly outstanding: Hello, Lines or Shave Ice are incredible. Anyhow, I wouldn't reject visiting this Downtown @ the HISAM. It looks inviting... Have a nice weekend.
Gil

Saturday, June 2, 2007 at 7:16:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home