Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cliff Climb

Koko Crater Cliff Climb
Rather than running up the Koko Crater stairs, we decided to reach the top by climbing the cliff. I had some bit of excitement today when I almost slipped off this cliff but my buddy (shown below) grabbed my hands as we took turns helping each other up challenging sections of the climb - this hike normally has a rope to assist in difficult sections, but there was none to be found so we improvised and rerouted our path. Aside from some minor scrapes while slipping down the cliff, all is good! Believe or not, this particular area he is climbing is an easy section.

[ You can view some more pics of hike here ]

12 Comments:

Blogger ICE_Molly said...

That looks FANTASTIC!! Although, not so good to be in a too dangerous predicament. However, great climb!!

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 12:21:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

If this is easy, I'd hate to see the difficult terrain. Do you tell your mother about these trips :)--perhaps, you'd better not! Your photos continue to be outstanding in their beauty and material for narrative explanation and stories!

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 2:03:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

My mother doesnt know a thing LOL

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 2:06:00 AM HST  
Blogger Martel said...

Impressive this climbing (especially when one sees the small end of road in bottom). cheer for the photograph. In Martel we have cliffs, but too dangerous to climb

My blog photographs on the town of Martel

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 3:04:00 AM HST  
Blogger Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Those cliffs are so inviting to climb (be careful!!) :-)

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 5:31:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are playing games with us. Honestly, I don't see how you could make this easy climb. It looks extremely difficult and it also looks very steep.

I am glad you made it both ways -- up and down.

Isn't that all lava rock? Lava rock that cuts everything like razor blades?

Stay alive.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 5:50:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

It is indeed lava rock and I was actually surprised how ez it was cutting my skin when I slipped but its nice having a partner to ensure each others safety!

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 7:22:00 AM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Oh, what an activity! Kala, please be careful!
Thanks for your email, glad that you bring a partner to climb that cliff. I enjoy very much seeing those wonderful photos.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 11:11:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks a little scary.....

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 12:51:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had an instant of dizziness looking at this photo. I suffer a lot the great altitudes, but it is a fear that I succeed in winning. Even if I owe a scaling to be sincere I face her there am forced. If there are the staircases, I prefer to climb on those...

:-)

Monday, May 21, 2007 at 3:59:00 AM HST  
Blogger photowannabe said...

I'm glad you are the brave one. That scares me just looking at the picture.
Fantastic photo job Kala.

Monday, May 21, 2007 at 5:21:00 PM HST  
Blogger Lori said...

Wow, that's an amazing view! I'm nervous just looking at it. Your photos are fantastic. You are so lucky to be in such a beautiful place!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 3:48:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home