Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Superwoman at Kaena Point

Super woman
Who needs Superman when you have Superwoman as a biking partner!!! This is my friend hoisting the bike up as she navigates her way through a narrow cliff passage during a section of our 14 miles (22 km) bike trek this afternoon at Kaena Point...it was actually longer than 14 miles since much of the terrain was rolling hills scattered with potholes and rocks of all sizes.

On a more serious note, please visit Lynn at Cheltenham DP to see if you can help in locating Madeleine who was allegedly abducted from her apartment

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I have some health problems, and I am an old man, but I sometimes try to ride my "mountain" bike. My goal is to go 12 miles. Siz miles up to a tiny village, "Verona;" and, six miles back to my small city, "Brookville." I only did it once last year but I did manage to ride around town. Now, when I looked at this photograph, I can understand what a "mountain" bike actually is. Lordy...what a ride you guys take. I huff and puff and barely make it on flat ground. You are up and down and over and around and on what looks like lava rocks.

The photograph is very telling. It is a good shot of an impossible bike ride. Love it.

I have celebrated this day, Mother's Day in my country, with a magazine cover for my wife. I hope you can see it.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 11:39:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Kala, She has to be a romantic interest AND a friend. Whew! Going biking with you is quite an adventure, requiring great stamina!!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 1:42:00 AM HST  
Blogger lv2scpbk said...

She is in good shape. I haven't been bike riding for awhile.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 2:10:00 AM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

What a tough woman she is. I will never in my life be able to do it. Salute for her.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 8:10:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess carrying a bike is no problem for me but never going steep down at the same time, kudos to her!

Sunday, May 13, 2007 at 9:22:00 PM HST  
Blogger Dsole said...

wow! I see you like to have a lot of risk fun! Living life like this.. wow, it's great!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 12:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kunterbunt said...

Wow, that is really super. and a great landscape.

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 6:07:00 AM HST  
Blogger poody said...

believe it or not I once made this trip in a 4 wheel samuri we rented for the day. The scariest part was when the road was crumbling into the ocean where you you could see an olc car down there.Never knew if it was put there on purpose or if it crashed down there trying to get across!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 7:33:00 AM HST  
Blogger Janet said...

I am impressed! Looks like fun but oh so laborious!

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 8:23:00 AM HST  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh, a bloody fantastic photo. I like the last post, also, but this is great.

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 9:39:00 AM HST  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Amazing...whew...not the usual bike ride I would say.

Monday, May 14, 2007 at 7:22:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is indeed!!! ;)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 6:27:00 AM HST  
Blogger JaamZIN said...

looking at your photos I think Hawaii is a paradise for sportmen. I know you are one of them Kala, and thanks to your style even just the photos increase my adrenalin level:)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 8:55:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Go girl! Hope she has a lightweight bike!

Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 8:09:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home