Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Windy Cliffs of Koko Crater

Cliff Winds

I've showed pictures of the half way point up the [ steps to this cliff here ]
And another picture of the [ start of the steps here ]

This photo shows portions of the Cliff rim that we hiked down to after the stairs climb this evening.

Mahalo nui (big thanks) to my friend for being a huge sport for first, endured the pain of climbing up 1060 steps, then, hiking along the cliff rim of Koko Crater.

You can see more pictures on [ my Flickr page here ]

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! Is that you? Whoever seems ready to "fall off" into space.

I saw the photos of the start of the steps and then the one along the way.

I confess that if I had my papers in order and wanted to die, quickly, this would be the best visual place to do that. I would certainly not make it to the top.

I would have to rent an airplane to get this high in Ohio. And can you image the ocean being replaced by newly planted rows of corn about 8 inches tall? That's what I would see.

As always - nice work, Kala.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 1:23:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Abraham, thats not me but my friend - the same one who bikes with me and hikes with me and risks her life for the pure fun - shes the coolest, what can I say!

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 1:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Another beautiful picture of your Island. You do make so many of us envious, but also happy that such a gorgeous place exists for humans to enjoy. We must all keep working to preserve it!

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 2:15:00 AM HST  
Blogger Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Yes Kate is in right. Seriously speaking nothing better than your image to let us to see how nature there, really is. No tourist papers but a truth wonder.

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 2:38:00 AM HST  
Blogger Monica said...

This is truly impressive, it looks "wilder" than Rio and I think that´s a plus: the less a place is touched by men the more preserved it is.

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 4:06:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Beautiful view! And you are lucky to have so many beautiful blonde friends that put up with your photo obsession!

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 7:18:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dsole said...

Kala! what an amazing view! It may worth all the suffer while reaching the top!

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 9:07:00 AM HST  
Blogger Martel said...

beautiful photograph, this landscape is splendid.

My blog photographs one Martel

Friday, May 18, 2007 at 8:52:00 PM HST  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Fantastic view. I enjoyed every step YOU took.
What an amazing country.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 8:06:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! And you're lucky to have very good friends!!! ;-)

Saturday, May 19, 2007 at 9:57:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did that hike once ... the year 2000 !

Runa

Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 5:01:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home