Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank You on Veteran's Day

IMG_0385800

I took the above photo the same day I took the previous one - a rainbow, make that two, swept through the horizon. I captured the lower of the two.

About two years ago, I broke one of my fingers and during rehab, I was working with a therapist who was in the Army. She shared with me that she was going for her second deployment to Balad, Iraq.

During our discussion, the following song by Dido came on the radio and she talked about how she really liked this song and reminded her of her first deployment. So, in honor of her and the many other tens of thousands of service men, women and their families, and the veterans of the past wars, I dedicate this song to all of you on this Veteran's Day - To Abraham Lincoln of Brookville, Ohio Daily Photo, Lisa Wilson's ohana in Telluride, Colorado, and to the many others for their sacrifices - Thank You by Dido...

Press play...


Dido - Thank You
My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey,
but your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad,
it's not so bad

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay,
my head just feels in pain
I missed the bus and there'll be hell today,
I'm late for work again
And even if I'm there, they'll all imply
that I might not last the day
And then you call me and it's not so bad,
it's not so bad and

I want to thank you
for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you
is having the best day of my life

Push the door, I'm home at last
and I'm soaking through and through
Then you hand me a towel
and all I see is you
And even if my house falls down,
I wouldn't have a clue
Because you're near me and

I want to thank you
for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you
is having the best day of my life

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The piece was a fabulous read and my name in it was nice to see. I even forgot it was Veterans Day until I realized the US Mail didn't go.So I went out with my wife to her oncologist and I didn't wear any medals because I forgot what day it is. When I got him I found, and put on, a small medal with the gold star on a blue background and under it reads: US Army. I will wear it again today.

I wish your picture would have shown up but I just get a broken image indicating it isn't there. Nothing I did would make the picture show up. I will have to come back later today.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 11:20:00 PM HST  
Blogger Missy said...

Wow nice rainbow! I miss rainbow in Hawaii :-) Where is this sunflower field? Is it in North Shore? I didn't know this place. Here in Japan, military service men worked during the Veteran's Day due to their preparation on inspection. Thanks for honoring military....thumbs up!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 5:42:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

that's a lovely remembrance post Kala!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 10:45:00 PM HST  
Blogger Janet said...

Gorgeous photo. I believe that rainbow is really touching the ground. Great remembrance for Veterans' Day.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 2:22:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

HOOOOO,,,THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the song!

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 7:00:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is an amazing shot!! Another great one1

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 5:46:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home