Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Friday, October 17, 2008

In support of Breast Cancer Awareness

In support of Breast Cancer Awareness

I saw this sticker once that read, "What does the work of 10 men? One woman!"

So, I thought I'd share this other story with you that someone sent to me...

Eleven people were hanging on a rope under a helicopter, ten men and one woman.
The rope was not strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one had to leave, because otherwise they were all going to fall.

They weren’t able to name that person, until the woman gave a very touching speech.

She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because, as a woman, she was used to giving up
everything for her husband and kids or for men in general, and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return. As soon as she finished her speech, all the men started clapping.


Without humor, there is no life, without women, there are no men.

Help support the cause for Breast Cancer awareness, education, and research.

I took this photo a couple of weeks ago and I approve this message ;-)
http://www.breastcancer.org/

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

clap, clap to you....very good post, nice taste of humor ( not just I'm a girl :) but it IS NICE to hear a male give much appreciation to what women do!!!! good man Kala!!

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 4:25:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully done. A fantastic photo. My wife, Patty, of 53 years, has had breast cancer twice. Once in each breast. Ten years apart.

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 11:30:00 PM HST  
Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kala! I’m glad I could take some time to get to your wonderful blog! This time to be rewarded with a touching post and an awesome sunset. Great!!
Now, «intelegent, fearless, genuine...» Sarah Who?
The duck dive pics are awesome!
And one day I'll make it to Molokai...

Want to have a look at a magic place: Delos, Apollo’s birthplace and home to Dionysus sanctuary? Blogtrotter has it! ;))
Hope you enjoy! Have a great weekend!

Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 6:13:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jane Hards Photography said...

Incredible image and wonderful narrative. Give me humour all the way.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 at 9:16:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh Kala!

You're the best! It made my day!

As always, great shot! I miss our DP Family...

Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:25:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oopps! I forgot to post my URL.

Jane

Monday, February 9, 2009 at 1:27:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home