Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Survival 101: The Duck Dive

IMG_8296800
What do you do when an ocean swell starts to foam at the lips at the thought of crushing down on a mere mortal human in its path, as you look up at the shear mass of water that feels like falling glass?


Duck Dive!
IMG_8298800S

6 Comments:

Blogger Jilly said...

As always, the most beautiful photographs, Kala. These are stunners.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 11:02:00 PM HST  
Blogger Hilda said...

Eek. These almost gave me a heart attack. I'm definitely a chicken, not a duck.

Beautiful, gorgeous photos! That wall of water is amazing!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 11:21:00 PM HST  
Blogger bitingmidge said...

Beautiful pics, beautiful waves too!

Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 11:45:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know next to nothing about the ocean and waves and so on but that wave does sorta roll over and crash down as evidenced by the bottom photo. My thought is the guy doing the duck dive is only making things worse, isn't he. I mean if that mountain fell on him on top of the water it will hurt and if he is a foot under the water it will hurt. As it is, he is presenting his rear end, sorta bottoms up, to the way. That might change his voice in the future.

Enormous amount of water. Really astonishing photography. And that begs the question, "What did you do or was the harm part over when the wave-water got to you?"

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 11:54:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Kala, I began walking again. I only have to stop one or two times. I also use a big hickory walking stick my daughter picked up in Colorado. Thanks for asking.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 2:18:00 AM HST  
Blogger Spence Ohana said...

Wow! Now that's scary. My cousins in Hawaii tried to teach me how to duck dive when I was younger but it was too hard for me to do...thus the reason I don't surf! LOL I love your blog!

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 11:57:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home