Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Don't look down!

IMG_7159800

While going on my trail run this evening along the Wai'anae mountain range, I took a couple of pics. Above is a picture of why you do not want to look down! A sheer drop on both sides of several thousand feet.

Looking ahead doesn't seem to help either...
IMG_7213800

So, I guess its best to just look up! The wind blows from left to right, cutting across the ridge line, leaving the sides of the mountain bare of any significant vegetation near the top.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get chills up and down my back. I would have to be outta my mind to even think about walking on something like this. Kala are you OK?

One step and it is all over. I just can't even imagine looking through a view finder on a "run" like this. I don't know who could even dream about running on this track. Wow.

Your photography always amazes me. This is about as far from the ocean and beach as you can get and way more dangerous.

Monday, October 6, 2008 at 12:38:00 AM HST  
Blogger Hope said...

Wow! I got dizzy just looking at these photos! Amazing that you were able to take these without losing a step or falling. How dangerous this was. Thank you for sharing these photos...the danger involved in taking these photos just overwhelms me!

Monday, October 6, 2008 at 6:36:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

KALA!!! you crazy??!?!! That is nuts...I'm not going to lie and tell you that EVERYTIME I hear on the news..."Hiker missing...Hiker fall" I think "oh God..." Its because of photos like this!! AWARD WINNING FOR SURE. PLEASE STAY SAFE!!! Send THAT to National Geographic!!!

Monday, October 6, 2008 at 7:49:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

whoohoo.. scary even looking at the photo

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 6:36:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spine still shivering... Just always be careful..
take care

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 10:38:00 PM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Hoping to discover some hikes like that next week! Aloha oe

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 8:05:00 AM HST  
Blogger Janet Kincaid said...

And you were running here?! Be still my rapidly defibrillating heart! Oy.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 5:57:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home