Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

SUPD - Stand Up Paddle with Dog

IMG_2982800Stand-Up paddle has been experiencing a resurgence in the islands and even making its way to the West Coast of the States. In this picture, man and dog shares a pose for the camera.

Some people claim its the best all around workout, working the core and legs muscles
IMG_2983800

12 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

The paddle looks round or am I seeing it wrong? My dogs would love this but I doubt they'd stay on the board...

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 10:07:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully the dog enjoys as much as the man and we watchers :)

Monday, September 1, 2008 at 3:28:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Surf photos are allways great, but when it comes to a dog... even better! :-)

Monday, September 1, 2008 at 12:11:00 PM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Looking at this guy's body I'd have to agree that it's a good workout! ;-)

Monday, September 1, 2008 at 2:31:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must feel sorry for the dog who looks to be in terror at his surfing experience. It might be his ears are just soaked and down. LOL But the two of them makes a great photograph. How far out were they when you snapped this picture?

Thanks for your visit, Kala. I am happy that you like my photography and the Little Dipper (girl) who has got to be in her 60's now. That seems almost like a crime but to me she remains the same age and looks the same all these years later.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 12:44:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To answer your question about what I used to photograph the Progressive Bee Fly. I a zoom lens first as each time I tried to get close it would take off and land somewhere else. Finally, it landed on my board fence and the sun must have warmed it up as it sat there long enough for me to get my other camera with a close-up lens on it and that is the one that is shown.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 3:42:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Man's best friend! Very good action pictures, as usual. The water looks clear and beautifully blue. Thanks for your many recent visits to my blog; as I've said before, I miss your more frequent comments and photos of the past. Hope all is well with you.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 3:11:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

I love it...where is it???

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 7:50:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what great shots. I not sure the dog looks like he enjoys surfing?! Thanks for all the comments on my blog! Have a great day

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 2:55:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is adorable

Thursday, September 4, 2008 at 11:04:00 AM HST  
Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kala!
Wonderful shots, but the dog looks quite terrified... ;))

I’ll finally get some days off this year; not much, just from Friday night (September 5th) through Monday morning (September 15th). But I don’t leave you empty hands: a beautiful beach and lots of champagne wait for you at Blogtrotter. Enjoy! ;)

Friday, September 5, 2008 at 12:34:00 AM HST  
Blogger Tash said...

Hi Kala, I saw a guy at the Cove in Palos Verdes, Ca coming in with a paddle & I couldn't figure out if he was surfing & holding the paddle or just paddling. Terrific shots, nice looking guy, but you gotta love the dog!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 5:09:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home