Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh oh Snaps!

IMG_0701800
This is a continuation of my surf shot series. I've got two more images from these series to post. My posting will be sporadic in the next couple of weeks as I have work work work to catch up with but hope you will enjoy these!

Hope you all have a wonderful week! =)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That mountain of water weighs more than a ton and to have that crash down on you has got to leave some damage. I wonder if that pain of defeat is worth the agony of knowing this is dangerous? But it sure does make a striking picture. Talk about lonely. Nobody there to help out. LOL

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 11:35:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jane Hards Photography said...

This is a spcatcular shot

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 2:26:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

these are gigantic. what a thrill, he must be a great surfer.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 4:57:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

OMG!!! I love surfing, but ya must be crazy to looove this thrill..yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaawww!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 7:09:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kala...

I left a comment under your comment on my blog and also brought it here. I hate to add my message here but I seem to have lost the email address I had for you.

Anyway...

To Kala...

Someone left a comment, above your comment that the hotel was used for Vietnam war soldiers on R&R leave. I was in during the Korean War and it might have been used for R&R then too but I was on emergency leave and just got stuck there as the plane I was on had an engine fire half way to San Francisco and we were against a head wind on three engines. So we turned around and went back with the tail wind. The Army put me up there. It was pink and right across from where I am on the beach in the photo of me on the beach.

If you look at me on the beach, It was all beach up to where I was and then there were shops and the first shop was a surf board shop. Across the street was the pink hotel.

The gilded statue of King Kamehameha the Great was just down the street a block or two at the most.

Hope this helps you pinpoint my location.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 11:09:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great shot!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 1:16:00 PM HST  
Blogger Missy said...

wooooo!!!! amazing shot! I just admire surfers but never tried to surf, it's very dangerous and I'm not a swimmer too :-) lol

I will be waiting for mor epics of this huge waves in North Shore. What part of North Shore is this huge wave?

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 5:52:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home