Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Waterworld

IMG_2615900I found this behemoth of a construction mess near Sand Island - located adjacent to the airport and it reminded me of the water civilization city in the old movie, Waterworld by Kevin Costner. Portions of that movie was filmed in Hawai'i (Big Island) but I would be surprised if anyone reading this post has seen this movie. Click here to view a picture I found on the web of the actual Waterworld prop.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did!!! ;)

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 2:54:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

hmmmm...reminds me of universal studio .

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 3:42:00 AM HST  
Blogger Merili said...

See... i didn't know that movie was filmed in Hawaii and yes i have seen it a few times and was actually having nightmares that the world actually could become like it was in the movie: one big planet of water with 'any piece of land' being the promised land :)
Interesting shot though.
Cheers...

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 5:37:00 AM HST  
Blogger nowhereman said...

yeah....have watched waterworld .....i hardly noticed that costruction mess the first time ....the water, sky,clouds, mountains are all so beautifulll, i missed that completely

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 6:42:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh! OH! Earthquake epicenter close to the Big Island (Sunday 3 pm CDT. Did you feel it?

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 10:39:00 AM HST  
Blogger Annie said...

Kala, I'm checking in to say I am thinking of you and all who live where the earth quakes. I hope all is well for you.

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 11:12:00 AM HST  
Blogger midnitebara said...

I heard about the quake at this morning's news. I hope you and your family is okay!

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 2:48:00 PM HST  
Blogger Shelly said...

Kala & Dana, I am here with everyone else checking on you! Hope you are safe!

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 3:25:00 PM HST  
Blogger Lisi said...

Kala my friend, I hope you're OK, hope you hear from you soon when you have electricity again

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 5:48:00 PM HST  
Blogger Meg said...

We're hearing you're in the state of emergency. I hope you're ok!

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 6:13:00 PM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

I have seen the movie. It's quite good although it's not the best movie of Kevin Costner.
Great picture as usual :)

Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 10:41:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

I definitely felt the quake - all three! The 6.6 woke me out of bed and frankly in a state of confusion, then the 5.8 quake followed shortly after and a little milder quake after that. Our area did not experience any damage and the island in general fared well - much of the significant damages occurred on the West coast, Kona district of the Big Island. I'm glad nothing more serious occured. =P

Monday, October 16, 2006 at 2:44:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home