Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Surfer Slippers

IMG_1076_1000This photo was taken near the surf spot called Tonggs where surfers leave their slippers tucked between fence boards and head out to the surf. When the surf is good, this fence will be stocked with a ton of slippers. The surf spot is named after Rudy Tongg, a beach front owner who graciously allowed surfers to wash off at his property. How would you like a surf spot named after you? =)

11 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

looking at this, reminded me of the song Kokomo (???)

I like the perspective!

Monday, October 2, 2006 at 10:42:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

The heck with the shoes or the name; I'd just like to LIVE near there.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 1:59:00 AM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

I do love your always blue sky Kala! Must be very nice to live there.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 2:28:00 AM HST  
Blogger Shelly said...

Wow, that is very nice of him! But I guess if your blessed enough to look at this everyday you would want to share. :)

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 5:17:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Yeah, Felicia's Honolulu Beach sounds good! Leave your slippers and wash off anytime! ;) Hey Kala are you back home now?

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 7:31:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good idea! Celine's bay? ;-) How nice and blue this is... It's all grey, windy and wet over here and we're all ill! :(

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 8:50:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

hi there =)

yes, I am back - I went on a short business trip and was gone for about 8 days although you probably could not tell because the first couple of days posting I was gone were from pictures I took from the previous days - I'll try to post some Boston pics on my FLickr site.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 8:54:00 AM HST  
Blogger Alex said...

Cool pic. I like the piece of floral fabric wrapped around the tree and the sandals on the wood shelf. Yep, summer is coming back for 2 more days :-)

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 12:43:00 PM HST  
Blogger Alex said...

And by the way! this picture with a palm could have been taken in Honulu... :-)

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 12:46:00 PM HST  
Blogger Sarah said...

I was too busy looking at the ocean, sky and palms to notice the sandals at first! Very cool.

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 3:45:00 AM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

Hey Nic...that's a cool idea...how about Ame's Gee! Spot! I'M JUST KIDDING...hey, you guys know me...have to keep up my wacky, zany reputation! It's all ERIC'S FAULT! Life's waaaaaaaaay too short not to have fun, LOL! ;-)

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 at 9:21:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home