Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Old Glory


July 4th will be Independence Day, so I thought it was only appropriate to post a photo of one of the many flags in my neighborhood. Happy Birthday to the United States!

For those who are wondering ... Hawaii became a state of the United States on August 21, 1959.

15 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

Happy 4th!! All your photos are gorgeous but it seems this past week you've outdone yourself. Loving all of them. I definitely have to talk my husband into going back to Hawaii SOON!

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 6:43:00 PM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Happy 4th of July to you Dana and Kala!

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 7:34:00 PM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Independence Day for USA!

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 9:38:00 PM HST  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

This is my first time visitng your blog but your photos are beautiful! I'll be sure to stop by again.
ECL

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 10:05:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Happy 4th of July.
Hope you have a fun day.

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 10:16:00 PM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Happy fourth of July! Are you guys going to see the fireworks tonight?

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 10:45:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Independance Day!!! (are there any ufo's around? ;-) ) Our national day is 10 days later, the 14th! We'll have fireworks too! You'll be partying tonight (I guess)! Have fun!

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 10:55:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(thank you for linking my blog, it's so kind! I'm gonna blush!!) :-)

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 10:57:00 PM HST  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Have a great day of celebrations! I'm sure they'll be fireworks soon eh?

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 11:00:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hiya!

nicola - I'm not sure yet - I'm not a huge fireworks fan although I like to photogrpah it for the spectacular image it provides.

Celine - u're very observant - and youre welcome =D

Edwin - in like I think 16 hours or so =)

And to the rest of you - hope you have an awesome week!

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 11:18:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 1:19:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Very appropriate photo. Enjoy the day!

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 1:56:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

This is one cool photo and a vey typical one. I think you got it just right:)
It's the Sainte Maxime funny caption competition tomorrow, you know one day your gonna win it!

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 2:49:00 AM HST  
Blogger Noblese said...

Hi, happy 4th of July to you and your family. Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing. I am a regular visitor to your blog. I was in Oahu 5 years ago and have very fond memories of the trip.
Take care.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 3:08:00 AM HST  
Blogger Atlanta Percent for Art Campaign said...

Tis the season...flags out everywhere!

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 4:33:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home