Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Mililani Town


This photo was taken from a pedestrian over pass in Mililani Town which is in the center of the island of Oahu. The interesting thing about this photo is that even in the middle of the island, you can still see the ocean in the distance.

The road is named Kamehameha Highway. It runs (for the most part) vertically through the center of the island. It is named after one of Hawaii's most celebrated Kings, who ruled in the 1700s. He is most known for uniting Hawaiians across the islands. Pervious to this each island existed autonomously.

Here is a map of the island to help you visualize it (if your interested) ... Kamehameha Highway is the one numbered "99". http://www.aaccessmaps.com/show/map/oahu Incidentally, I was facing south (toward Pearl Harbor) when I took this photo.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the history course, it's great. It's so cool to learn things on Hawai'i. I love it! Strange the hawaian countryside looks like the french one... I'll feel closer to you! :) ha ha!

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 10:22:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

I like you pictures, when I look at them I feel like I'm on holiday :), I wish!
Great that you put the map, interesting to expore it more closely.

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 10:55:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

This is cool - i don't drive on this side of the island much! And great that you added the map - adds a uch better perspective on the image - Hope you have/had a good weekend and getting ready for July 4th!

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 12:13:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

Céline is so right this could be the Riviera:)

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 4:18:00 AM HST  
Blogger Carlos Boto said...

Thank you Kala!
I feel happy with your help!

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 9:52:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Just like i wish to see Hawai'i some day! ;-) Just add cows and it will be it! :)

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 10:19:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure we've been through this one once. Oh and by the way - yeah I loved riding in Europe... :)

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 12:20:00 PM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely picture!

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 8:01:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home