Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Sunrise at the Beach

These photos were taken this (Friday) morning at ~5:45 AM at two locations. During the summer months, the sun rises about an hour earlier than the winter months but for the most part, throughout the year, we experience 12 hours of sunlight.

I wasn't sure how to take sunrise photos since the sun's brightness affects the image exposure but here they are - before and after the Sun's break from the Horizon.

Hope you all have a great weekend and many more days of beautiful sunrises to start your day!

Check out the Sunset that completes this post

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank u, have a great weekend too! Your shots are beautiful! I like the first better 'cause of the earth looking blackest... better contrast. It's more intimist too. Reminds me of those evenings (when i was a kid) near the mediterranean sea... (well i never got up early enough to see the sun rise!) ;-) You're getting up very early!

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 3:20:00 AM HST  
Blogger Emmanuelle said...

Wow!!!
Magnificent!!!

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 8:43:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful sunrise! I love it!

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 6:53:00 PM HST  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

the shots are beautiful! your worries about exposure came to naught. wow wow wow!

Saturday, July 1, 2006 at 9:10:00 PM HST  
Blogger AlexandLisa said...

Some great pictures there, as usual a couple that I will use as a wallpaper. The scenery is simply breathtaking!

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 1:19:00 AM HST  
Blogger Merili said...

Your shots take my breath away, making me wish i could just separate from my office and computer and join you guys in this wonderful sceenery...

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 4:43:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

how beautiful! I love em.

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 12:19:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was there too...
your pic´s make me wanna travel :-)

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 2:52:00 AM HST  
Blogger E.I. said...

It was worth the anticipation, and the hours of lost sleep too, thank you!

Monday, July 3, 2006 at 6:44:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jean said...

I just love these photos.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 1:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow...fanstastic...

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 at 11:50:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now those are some beautiful shots

Friday, July 7, 2006 at 5:00:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home