Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Bamboo Forest


Hi Everyone - This is Dana. Thanks for letting me join the blog.

My first contribution will be this photo of the bamboo forest that hikers pass through on the way to Manoa Falls. I took it today, while on a team building activity for work.


Manoa Falls is located at the deepest part of the Manoa valley in Honolulu, Hawaii (not far from the University of Hawaii). The waterfall is a 150 foot sheer cliff drop to a small shallow pool. To get there one must take a 1 1/2 mile (easy) hike through this bamboo forest and rain forest.

My camera is a Canon Rebel E0S which I recently received as a gradution gift from my parents.

13 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hi Dana, great to have you with us. Love bamboo reminds me of my youth in Asia. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Friday, June 23, 2006 at 8:16:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

Hey Dana!
the place looks peaceful, refreshing and same as Mark, love bamboo :)

Friday, June 23, 2006 at 8:23:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dana! This is a very nice shot, i love it! I'd really like to come to Hawaii for vacations but... i have not enough money for that!!! ;-) I'll wait for a year or two!!! The flight is expensive from France...
Anyway, thanks a lot to you for the shot and to Kala for coming to my blog recently! Nice shots too! It looks like paradise! I'll come back!

Friday, June 23, 2006 at 9:48:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Very nice Dana - great first photo hehe - brings back memories - I went on this hike last year with Rebecka from Sweden - you probs remember her dont cha? She just emailed me and said she misses hawai'i

Great photo and thanks for being my team member!

Friday, June 23, 2006 at 10:22:00 PM HST  
Blogger Michelle B said...

Welcome Dana! Great photo. It is a familiar site for me. I went on that hike with some coworkers when I was there in 2000. I look forward to seeing more of your photos. I have had a Canon EOS Digital Rebel for 2 years now and I love it:)

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 12:53:00 AM HST  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

I agree with everyone, both you and Kala are showing us paradise...it looks like such a healthy life too with all the outdoor living...

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 1:09:00 AM HST  
Blogger Emmanuelle said...

Great pics!
Thanks a lot for your nice comments!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 2:34:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Add another welcome. I like the vertical and horizontal lines, in addition to it being Paradise!!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 2:43:00 AM HST  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

hello dana! kala is so fortunate to have you along on the Honolulu ride!

this shot is so reminiscent of a 70s Hong Kong Kung-Fu movie. any moment now I'd be expecting a fighter flying through the bamboo stalks.

I wonder what the two of you will come up with for the 100th post?

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 3:20:00 AM HST  
Blogger Bob said...

Looks lovely

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 5:28:00 AM HST  
Blogger Sarah said...

Welcom Dana! I love this shot, and well....all the photos so far on this blog of Hawai'i.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 8:02:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Wow, nice first post! Welcome and I look forward to seeing your photos! Maybe a waterfall tomorrow? Congratulations on your graduation too!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 3:03:00 PM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Hey, welcome Dana! Looking forward to your pics! Already liking this one :).

Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 10:46:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home