Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, June 19, 2006

Night Lights - Happy Belated 100th!

So, this is a little late but from reading Moonsoleil's blog, the 100th DP blogger has join the group. Every Friday, starting at 8:00 PM, the Hilton Hawaiian Hotel sponsors a short fireworks show to ring in the weekend. This photo was taken this past Friday evening at "The Wall."

I've also tried taking fireworks photos while in my canoe, but as you might imagine, those do not turn out too well on bobbing surfaces. Check out a video taken from this same area: Press Here

This one is dedicated to those who started and kept the DP engine running:
Eric - Paris, France - Original DP
Denton - Greenville, South Carolina - DP Map
Ham - London, England - City DP
Sebastian - Trier, Germany - Forum

To the 100th Post people:
Edwin - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Nicola - Wiesbaden, Germany

If I miss anyone, please let me know!

Next Post: Sunrise

15 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Awesome photo and nice dedication. Hey, you are posting earlier than normal today! ;)

Monday, June 19, 2006 at 7:45:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

every friday you get to see this? that is truly awesome! Fantastic shot!

Monday, June 19, 2006 at 9:37:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Felicia - yup - posting early tonight coz got work to finish :)

Hi Kris - every friday I either see it or hear it coz I live close enough to hear the fireworks!

Monday, June 19, 2006 at 9:55:00 PM HST  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Great shot Kala! And thanks for the link and the size tips.

Monday, June 19, 2006 at 11:19:00 PM HST  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

Great photo! I linked to you today with my Hawaiian Shaved Ice truck!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 2:43:00 AM HST  
Blogger E.I. said...

very nice photo!
tomorrow then!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 3:08:00 AM HST  
Blogger Sam said...

Great shot!!!
I love fireworks!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 4:54:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dawn said...

A beautiful shot!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 5:26:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First visit to your blog...I love it...I lived in aiea heights as a kid (1st - 4th grade) so it's nice seeing pics that remind me of my youth...thanks

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 5:31:00 AM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Cool shot! That's quite something to have fireworks every Friday.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 5:49:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

Nice one, I hope I can get a firework photo as nice as this during the 4th of July celebrations:)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 6:56:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

I like EVERYTHING about this photo.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 at 9:38:00 PM HST  
Blogger Eric said...

I am one day late, but thank you very much for your dedication. And congratulations on your photos.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 at 10:04:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it just after the sunset?
the picture is awesome :)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 at 11:45:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Alaya - yes! =) it was right after the sunset - thanks for stopping by !
And thank you to Eric and the rest of the gang!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 12:12:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home