Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July - Thumbs up! =)

Posting a little late coz I got back in late. I will spare you a paddling image above and instead give ya a thumbs up on a terribly awesome day! Give a thumbs up back to the guardian angels that watch over the waters of Hawai'i for your ocean safety!

Anywayz, once a year, locals and visitors alike gather on the beaches of Waikiki to witness a truly hawaiian event - the Walter J. Macfarlane Memorial Canoe Surf race - except, this year, the ocean was as flat as bumpy pancakes.

Later in the evening, tens of thousands of people converged on the beach to marvel at the spectacular fireworks show.

[ View image gallery of the day and night events here ]

Give me a woot if you like the images - *smilez *

19 Comments:

Blogger jenni said...

I would have loved to spend the day celebrating as you did... even a flat ocean is a beautiful thing! ;)
happy fourth, a day late =)

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 3:09:00 AM HST  
Blogger E.I. said...

woot, woot!

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 3:58:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Great pictures.

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 4:03:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

ah looks like so much fun!

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 4:08:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

woot!

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 4:31:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have decided, one evening in my life... i will be there....thanks for inculcating this dream onto me...

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 5:50:00 AM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

Well I guess when we're there in less than a month now (WOOHOO!) I'll have to give drowning a try at least ONCE! Can't pass by a chance to be rescued by such able-bodied rescuers! I just love a man in uniform, LOL! ;-)

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 7:17:00 AM HST  
Blogger Lisi said...

some cute guys here...beautiful shots

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 7:30:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Tell me, Kala, are all bodies there beautiful or are you just selective?

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 7:56:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woot!!! ;-) Hurray for the lifeguards!!! :p

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 8:06:00 AM HST  
Blogger somebody said...

Aloha!! another hurray for the lifeguards!!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 9:29:00 AM HST  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

I agree with Lisi: Woot Woot Woot! (oh, and great pictures too! sorry a tad bit distracted by that thumb)

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 10:21:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

TO Lisi and Kate ... cute guys and great bodies - don't u jus love it? haha - I don't know if I'm selective - I think I shoot pretty randomly trying not to be selective - maybe its subconscious hmmm

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 11:09:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great shots. The thumbs up is my fav.

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 12:54:00 PM HST  
Blogger Aloha Pineapple said...

WOOT! Love the pictures. It makes me wish I was in Hawaii right now instead of NYC!!!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 3:24:00 PM HST  
Blogger John said...

I'm coming too.. looks like fun.

Thursday, July 6, 2006 at 12:44:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog and the photos are terrific! It's like being in Hawaii myself (a place where I have never been)

I enjoyed your items about July 4th...although we don't celebrate it in France (our National Day is July 14th) I have mentioned July 4th several times in my forum and I have even registered the link of your blog (in "autres civilisations-USA)

Thursday, July 6, 2006 at 4:52:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

WoOt, wOOt, wOoT (how do you pronounce that anyway?) Big thumbs up to the hot lifeguards - lovin' the people photos! ;)

Thursday, July 6, 2006 at 7:43:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi there Moino - I love your photos too! I have to learn French one day!!!

And to the rest of you - hope you have a great rest of the week!

Thursday, July 6, 2006 at 11:48:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home