Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sandy Shoreline

Technically, it's already the next day since its 2 A.M. right now, so I'm posting very early!! Here's the beach itself - I did a photoshop job to darken it a bit since it was a little too bright so the sand looks darker in this image than it actually is in real life. The red flags are to attract beach users to read the sign that says "Warning - Dangerous Shore Breaks."

10 Comments:

Blogger somebody said...

This view, is so much better than my office view :-(

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 5:58:00 AM HST  
Blogger Denton said...

I am not sure if this is the beach however I think it is where I broke my ribs and punctured my lungs while body surfing in 1990. Your comments about the inexperienced are very valid.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 6:17:00 AM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Ouch, Denton!

Are there many surf schools around?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 10:59:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Lotsa surf schools in Waikiki - Hans Hedeman has the most popular one and near the outrigger I believe - if you want I can get you the contact but there is also another one my friends dad owns and I don't have the contact number and cost with me right now but r u planning to stop by? - email me and I can get more info on details - this is for Nicola but also if anyone else is interested

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 11:58:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Denton - that sounds sore and I cant even imagine how that feels but amazing story!

And to Marieta - you have some beautiful people pics that I should try to do myself =)

OK, Felicia, you hear that? I'm gonna try some people pics in the future ;)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 12:00:00 PM HST  
Blogger Mark said...

What I would do to learn to surf. Don't tell anyone i'm 47 is that too old?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 12:11:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love this photo! I am also a beach lover and would love to be on the beach right now than here at my table! :(

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 8:49:00 PM HST  
Blogger Sam said...

I love beaches. *sigh*

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 10:53:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

what does the warning mean? anyway, wonderful shot!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 1:30:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi fotoaddict - the sign means that the waves break really close to shore posing a risk of body slams by the ocean. :)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 2:49:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home