Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Road to Haleiwa

Road to Haleiwa
A little late on posting but here is the answer to that unusual animal - its called a Chinese Silky! Some of you had some good guesses as to what this animal is. You can read about them here:
http://www.abc.net.au/creaturefeatures/facts/silkychicken.htm

Someone also asked how many times I hike in a week - it varies, but on average, about two or three times depending on my coaching, work, paddling, and workout schedule.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

I recognize this road!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 11:35:00 AM HST  
Blogger Janet said...

A road straight into Paradise!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 11:46:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

I'll take that road anywhere it leads me!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 11:53:00 AM HST  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

i love this road! when i come to oahu i almost always stay in haliewa--waikiki is just not for me. so to me, this road says, "you're almost there!"

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 3:57:00 PM HST  
Blogger Chris said...

Beautiful - I didn't expect to see so many pine trees in Hawaii. Or am I mistaking them for another kind of tree?

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 4:54:00 PM HST  
Blogger yournotalone said...

Cool panorama. The water....nice

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 5:08:00 PM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Those evergreen are so different from the ones we have here... Nice blues.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 6:17:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nice place to be seen. WOW.

Abraham Lincoln
Just a Lily today, plus a shaft of sunshine on my oak tree. A blessing for a bountiful crop — I hope.
Brookville Daily Photo

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 2:47:00 AM HST  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

The pine trees were planted there to protect the coffee trees just inside them from the wind. They definitely look out of place in the midst of all the grassy fields.
I love this view. It is one of my favorite things about living on this part of the island.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 at 11:30:00 PM HST  
Blogger lv2scpbk said...

I can't imagine going down the road to this view. Wonderful.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 12:17:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home