Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Friday, August 18, 2006

An Oceans View - Diamond Head Lighthouse

This photo was taken yesterday (Friday) at about 5 PM from about a mile outside of Diamond Head Lighthouse. That mountain you see is actually part of Diamond Head Crater.

This is a late post thats been back dated because I've been very busy. I may have some sporatic postings in the next month due to other obligations.

I haven't forgotten about the photo requests:
  • Mattias - Night Photo
  • Stinkypaw - Rabbit Island
  • Weez - Lanikai

9 Comments:

Blogger Ame said...

I saw that, I saw that! For reeeeeeeeeeeal! LOL! Much kewler perspective from your angle tho! (=

Hey, can I add to your request list? Can you climb up on that rock at Waimea Bay Beach Park and take a shot from there? Get a little of the sandy beach and some of the ocean...oh, and then, head East on the beach and take a shot back towards that neat rock?

Ooooooooooooh, sorry Kala, I thought you said you were'nt very busy!

Gonna miss you not being "regular!"
Better eat some prunes! Hehehehe!

(=

Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 6:11:00 AM HST  
Blogger Lisi said...

Hi Kala, "do you know where you're going to" is a song by Diana Ross, old thought. I don't have the MP3 so can't load it onto my blog (actually I don't know how to do it like you did here)...anywaz, about your photo request, no problem, I see Jet Li everyday and he does whatever I ask him to do...;p

Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 6:45:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

The lighthouse looks lonely and solitary. Nice shot!

Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 4:28:00 PM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Hi Kala! Thanks for stopping by my blog so regularly and leaving no photo with zero comments! And always saying such nice things too. Funny I just took photos of our lighthouse here and will post soon. Nice view, from a kayak? Stay kewl with your hectic life!

Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 8:07:00 PM HST  
Blogger Liz said...

uhuh that's the type of picture that I love: Ocean and lonely lighthouse...that's today's theme of my wallpaper:-)

Sunday, August 20, 2006 at 10:51:00 PM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely, lovely...

so when are you going to post the night shots i requested? :(

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 7:48:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

great colors, water is so blue, does it really look like that or has it been enhanced by your camera.
does the color changes depending on the time of day?

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 10:45:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Jane: Hi Jane - thanks for reminding me =) I took some yesterday and will post them in the coming days for you and Mattias =)

Jazzy: That is actually the real color - no photo enhancement - it actually gets even bluer in the deeper part but we were running/paddling along the surf line so its that color blue - you can see it in the video too in my Videos of Hawai'i blog =)

Monday, August 21, 2006 at 11:04:00 PM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

I didn't even know there was a lighthouse there - gorgeous shot!

Don't go "lolo" about posting, we'll enjoy what you'll give us, when you'll give it!

Thanks for not forgetting about Rabbit Island, and don't forget about "The Crouching Lion", I just love the story behind this rock formation...

Saturday, August 26, 2006 at 9:48:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home