Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Just Another Day in Paradise

YOU MUST PRESS PLAY FOR MUSIC:
Not a Hawaiian Song, but it compliments the photo (and it's once of my favorites). What else can I say? (Side note: There is a Hawaiian version of this song by Isreal Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, but I don't have that CD.)

I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see em bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are also on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin.. how do you do
Theyre really sayin......i love you.

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
Theyll learn much more.....than Ill never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world

(instrumental break)

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are there on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin.. how do you do
Theyre really sayin...*spoken*(I ....love....you).

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
*spoken*(you know their gonna learn
A whole lot more than Ill never know)
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself .......what a wonderful world.

14 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I got the hawaiian version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole!:-)

Staring at this picture with the music...that's really another day in paradise :-)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 9:13:00 PM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful picture as always! BTW, I can't hear the music, dunno why :(

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 11:46:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Great photo and great music! I, too, have Israel's CD plus Louis Armstrong's. Nostalgic because when I retired in 2003, I played that song for all of my classes on my last day!

PS. I finally am learning how to link blogs and added yours and Kala's to mine. Hope it's okay with you!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 4:55:00 AM HST  
Blogger Sarah said...

Love the picture. The clouds and colors are wonderful!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 7:13:00 AM HST  
Blogger Chris said...

So nice beaches you have ! And nobody there : ours are so crowdy at the moment...
If paradise is as you depict here, Hell must be more than full !

-
BTW
Very nice self portraits you've done : Dana, you're so cute, Kala : you stole the game, naughty boy, and did a super light effect with that hand covering the flash : a pretty good idea !

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 9:51:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

You're so right Dana, beautiful deserted beach in Paradise.
I'll have to make my way to Hawai'i any time soon.
Mr L Armstrong always makes me smile and makes me feel good somewhere deep inside when listening to his music, great choice.
I’m into Snow patrol lately as I already mentioned in your previous entry, Chasing cars song is just great, songs about love are usually about broken heart and this one is about love and is looovely =)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 12:15:00 PM HST  
Blogger Icarus said...

All I can think of is that crass T-shirt announcement that says: "Life's A Beach!" UUUURRRRGGGHH -that is so unfunny!How can anyone still wear that?? Why not "I'm a Total Prat!"?
Nice day in Paradise today?

If you visit mine, you'll find a dedicated waiting for you...and some other incidental stuff.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 12:23:00 PM HST  
Blogger Shelly said...

Dana, perfect song and perfect picture!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 3:39:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, my daughter's 1st grade teacher played that song at their end-of-year ceremony, while the kids used their hands and signed to the words and sang along. There wasn't a dry eye in the room!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 6:18:00 PM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

My favourite song ESPECIALLY when IZ sang/signs it. Thank you.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 7:34:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! That's a real paradise! You two are very lucky to live there! ;-)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 10:01:00 PM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

HEY! I wrote something and it disappeared after I did my secret word! ARRRRGH! Anyway, as I was saying...Thanks for this Dana...every Wed at my little guy's school, one of the retired teachers comes with his guitar (all the way down the peninsula from San Francisco) to have "Open Sing" with the kids...who are all gathered on the cafeteria floor for the much-anticipated sing-along! Steve is hearing-impaired and wears aids and always taught sign to the kids in first grade! :-)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 11:54:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hey! I'm glad you are still in one piece and able to post - so many CRAZY drivers on the roads these days! It surprised me that Liz actually has Isreal's song - even I dont think I have that. Ironically, the same day you posted this, there was a story on da Iz:
http://starbulletin.com/2006/08/15/features/story01.html

Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 12:15:00 AM HST  
Blogger Liz said...

I found Israel's song while I was looking for other songs...:-)

Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 4:18:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home