Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Angel

I happened to come by this house in Manoa as I was walking to the Uni and thought it was quite charming with the winged Cherub near the doorway while playing my iPod listening to "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan - I once read a quote - "music is the hearts praise to the soul." What song(s) do you listen to?

Angel by Sarah McLachlin:
Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance,
for a break that would make it okay.

There's always some reason
to feel not good enough,
and it's hard, at the end of the day.

I need some distraction,
Oh, beautiful release.
Memories seep from my veins.

Let me be empty,
Oh, and weightless,
And maybe I'll find some peace tonight.

CHORUS:
In the arms of the angel,
fly away from here,
from this dark, cold hotel room,
and the endlessness that you feel.

You are pulled from the wreckage,
Of your silent reverie.
You're in the arms of the angel,
may you find some comfort here.

So tired of the straight line,
and everywhere you turn,
there's vultures and thieves at your back.

The storm keeps on twisting.
Keep on building the lies
that you make up for all that you lack.

Don't make no difference,
escape one last time.
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness,
Oh, this glorious sadness,
that brings me to my knees.

You're in the arms of the angel,
may you find some comfort here.

15 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

OooooH, many too many (I don'tmean the old Genesis song of that title!)! But I happened to come by your post less than 1 minute after I had finished commenting to Manuel Tendero Gil, re. full moons, by borrowing the title of an exquisite Spanish song called "Hijo de la Luna" [Son of the Moon]. I can't get itout of my head now & will play it after I finish this.
Back to photo: it exudes real peace & warmth,doesn't it? Is the cherub set in the stone wall, do you know? Or else how can itstay up like that? The 2 hats on the wall is a beautiful statement. And as we are into songs, that immediately strikes a chord with a line from one of my faves, "Our House" Crosby Stills, Nash & Young. Except their house had 2 CATS on the wall! Strange links thru all this. World's turning....

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 2:55:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! this is cute! And the cherub looks so real!

To answer your question... "Breathe" Michelle Branch... and "Another dumb blonde" Hoku 'cause it's so funny! ;)

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 4:26:00 AM HST  
Blogger edwin s said...

Oh Nicolas, you're a sensitive sop, aren't you?
Wonderful post my friend.

Like Nowhere(Stewart), I have sooooo many that help to drive my days and nights. Today, my Sarah Vaughan playlist has been on repeat/shuffle.

This might be my last comment for the next 2 weeks. So, take care of yourself (love to you too Dana) and go easy on the stunners. I don't want to miss too much.

see you both in 2 weeks ;)

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 4:29:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like that pink door so much! There's a note on the door. What it says?

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 5:39:00 AM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

What a softy you are! At the moment I'm listenening to "Try" from Blue Rodeo

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 6:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger Oleanderman said...

I like the hats - decorative and useful! Nice photograph. Listening to Dylan's Joey at the moment.

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 7:04:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOhh, that's a precious sculpture. Is that another angel perched on the wall (far left & center)? Not much of a song person, but I'm going to jump in the shower and listen to my favorite meditation disc.

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 8:56:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dawn said...

A lovely little angel and I love the pink door. Are the hats only a decoration or are they used when the owners go walking?

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 9:25:00 AM HST  
Blogger midnitebara said...

I cant quite imagine the hunk listening to one of my favorite songs but ....looks can be deceiving right.

Im an enya , sarah brightman , loreena mckennith , anoushka shankar listener. And some others too like sarah m. who's got soft beautiful voices.

oh my, my comment is very long sorry!

Oh, of course the photo is wonderful too.

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 5:16:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The angel looks fantastic! And that pink door looks great too!

And like Midnite...I can't quite imagine you listening to that kind of music!

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 7:49:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

nowhere man: yes indeed - the Cherub is set in stone =) I enjoy listening to Crosbys Still and Nash too!

Edwin: Heya - hope you have a great two weeks - the ending of summer is coming upon us - quite sad - i love the summer!!!

Tanty: Good question about that note - to be quite frank, i did not even notice that note until I looked at the photos when I got home and then the next day, the note was gone - so i guess we can only imagine what it may have said =)

Cristina: I am quite impressed by your observant skills! Yes indeed, it is , infact, this house really attracted me because there are a BUNCH of cherubs all over the house - very kewt!

Dawn: I believe the hats serve both as decoration anhd for practical use - although i could be wrong.

Midnightbara: I have most of the artists that you wrote -except for Shankar hmm maybe I need to get that too

Thanksssss for stopping by you all!! =)

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 9:04:00 PM HST  
Blogger Lisi said...

Kala, that's an intersting shot and yes kewl people (mostly) are born in August ;p

Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 6:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger Irredento Urbanita said...

sarah mac lachlin is one of my favorites, but your pic is really good. a daily image, a common and great shot.

Greetings from Perú

Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 7:55:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

What about Snow Patrol - Chasing cars, love songs are usually about broken heart and this one is actually about love and I love it =)

Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 5:51:00 AM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

Very sweet cherub K! And what a touching song too...sigh~ Heard this after 911 and it always brought a tear to my eye...

And I wonder just what that signs says too! Probably a note for the poolboy! ;-)

Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 3:22:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home