Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Double Scoop of Ice Cream

I decided to give you all a double treat today after seeing Santa Clara - Amy's DP - My apologies to her for not being able to meet up but from the looks of her pictures, it doesn't look like she was too bummed.
The above picture is a photo of Popoi'a (rotted fish) Island, a seabird refuge and named in part because of the large number of fish bones found on the island - a former site of a fishing heiau - a place of worship and offering for the bountiful catches from the ocean. - Do you see the kids playing near the water?
This photo is an image of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel - one of the first hotels built in Waikiki in 1927 and served exclusively as a military retreat during WW II and the official residence for then President Roosevelt during his stay in the islands. The hotel design was influenced by "the great lover," Rudolph Valentino - and with that, I hope you will treat yourself to my video post and song repeat of the day...

Song of the day: Sway - Pussycat Dolls - won't cha dance with me? ;)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the two photos!! Both are stunning! and the pink hotel looks great!

And oh...hehehe I like the song of the day too ;-)

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 1:36:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Both pictures are amazing! Oh yes, I can see kids playing near the water :)

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 2:12:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kala, you should not hide from Amy. She came all the way from Santa Clara... show yourself to her. I like the photo of rotten fish island. From what we see on your photos, Honolulu is indee paradise.

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 3:18:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots, cool rythms... can you dance? Well, I'd like to see!!!
The Royal Hotel must be very expensive! There's no chance i spend a night there! :-D Gotta become a millionaire first!

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 4:11:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

Beautiful pictures! Oh, I bet the pink hotel is nice to stay in.

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 5:12:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the photo of "rotten fish" island--hey, better a rotten fish on an island, that raw, squishy fish on a plate (heehee). Wish I were there exploring the tide pools with the kids!

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 6:05:00 AM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Did you ever take a really good shot of Rabbit Island? Where you can really see it? I'd love to see it! One of my favourites is Mokoli'i ...or the Crouchig lion? That's almost freaky, and I love the "legend" that comes with it! Please, pretty please, show us some of those!

I guess all visitors of Ohau, must have at least one shot of or with Duke! It's the touristy thing to do I guess!?

Great shots of both Popoi'a and the Royal Hawaiian - could be a post card or a good promo shot for them!

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 6:47:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

How does it feel to live in an area which is so dull and drab?!

Again, two representative photos that make us all envious.

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 9:36:00 AM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

Yeah Kala...listen to Rudy!

LOL! ;-)

By the way, great shot of the RH...where did you take the pic from?

OK, off to laundry land...then to the pool...have to acclimate myself slooooooooooowly!

Aloooooooooha!
;-)

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 9:54:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

What a treat =)

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 1:39:00 PM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

One more thing...KEWL video...you devil you...I'm dancin' as we speak! LOL! ;-)

Friday, August 11, 2006 at 4:31:00 PM HST  
Blogger Liz said...

green with envy :-)

Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 8:08:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Ame Hi - I took the pic from the Waikiki Shopping Plaza Parking lot ;)
StickypawSurrr - once my new camera comes in, I'll take a pic of Rabbit island for ya =)
Welcome Rudygiron =)

And hope the rest of ya r havin a great weekend!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 10:17:00 PM HST  
Blogger Michelle B said...

Beautiful photo of the Royal Hawaiian!!

Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 2:36:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home