Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Watercress Farm


Considering that this photo was taken while driving down Kamehameha Highway at around 35 MPR (~56 KPR) it turned out ok, pretty good even ... don't you think?

I love this spot in Pearl City. Yep, in the middle of the city sits the tranquil little watercress farm. Just to illustrate - the parking garage you can see in the upper right corner is to a popular shopping mall called Pearl Ridge.

With the grass shack and coconut trees, it looks like it belongs on a disserted island some where lost in the pacific. It’s just so unexpected, that when you come upon it, you just have to appreciate it.

11 Comments:

Blogger edwin s said...

Any moment, Ginger and Mary Ann will come out of the hut screaming at Gilligan for something he did ;)

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 12:07:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

I does look very tranquil, great photo, I wouldn't even notice on the first glance, the parking garage if you didn't mention it.
Have a fun weekend.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 1:27:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

You have lots of variety in subjects; this is unusual and unexpected but so much fun. Thanks for the explanation.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 1:34:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

I'm surprised the menehunes did not try to take your camera away - nice shot - this place has been around for as long as I've known as a child!!!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 1:53:00 AM HST  
Blogger Sam said...

It's hard to imagine that's in the middle of a city!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 2:07:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

If you hadn't pointed out the parking garage, I would have assumed this was a little more rural. I like that little hut.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 4:10:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent photo and Edwin, you're funny!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 9:07:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jenny said...

It never occurred to me to wonder about where watercress came from! now, forever more when I see it in the store, I'll think of Honolulu and this lovely picture!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 4:48:00 PM HST  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

What a lovely picture! LOL over Edwin's comment.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 5:14:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it looks like a very precious site!

Sunday, July 23, 2006 at 9:03:00 AM HST  
Blogger BarelyLiegl said...

How do you guys do that? With every Honolulu picture I see, I wanna move there more... it must be so pretty there!
One day I'll come for holidays at least! Promise!!!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 12:02:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home