Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Plumeria


If only I could capture the beautiful fragrance of this flower and send it though the internet lines right to you, then this sweet smell could make its way all the way around the world and back to me.

I intended to photograph something else for today, but was thwarted by automatic sprinklers. I'll try again later ... and until then ... I'm going to keep you guessing. ;-) So, for today you will be treated to this photo of a plumeria from my front yard.

Plumerias come in an amazing number of variations. This one is the most common here in Hawaii. This page has a lot of pictures of the different variations here on Oahu.

21 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, what a beautiful flower! I love it!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 9:39:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

sheeeeesh that link has the whole collection that i photographed a couple of weeks ago - except for the one on the bottom left with the pointy pedals.

We're going on a hike on saturday if you wanna come! =)

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 9:49:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this lovely, I can almost smell it :-)
the pic itself is nice too, an fine work!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 10:43:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

This flower is not familiar to me but looks gorgeous.
It's great to see the difference in cultivating flowers from country to country.
I can 'see' this one smells very nice.
Good luck with sprinklers next time =)

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 10:53:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

the colours on the petals are so soft..Gorgeous shot!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 1:36:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Plumerias are beautiful flowers, and you captured the essence in this shot.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 2:18:00 AM HST  
Blogger edwin s said...

I love the scent and this yellow one does bring back the fragrant memories. My mum had our tree chopped down. We had the white ones. At night, the garden was divine!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 3:55:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful flower. I love it.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 4:10:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely flower... Luv it! ;)

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 6:55:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

I love the vibrant color and the details on that leaf on the left.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 8:03:00 AM HST  
Blogger Oleanderman said...

Whoa - this is tactile in its quality! Love it!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 8:05:00 AM HST  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely ! Peaceful colors...

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 11:34:00 AM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

My first thought was "Isn't that the beautiful flower that smells so nicely?". I remember it quite well from my trip to Hawaii. You captured it wonderfully!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 12:09:00 PM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Beautiful. Are leis made with this kind of flower? I'd like to join in on the hike!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 12:35:00 PM HST  
Blogger Aloha Pineapple said...

Plumerias are one of my most favorite flowers. That's a great photo!!!

Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 2:56:00 PM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

Ooooooooo, I can just smell that flower! Great macro Danafaye! :-)

Friday, July 21, 2006 at 6:08:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi Danafaye =)

we postponed until sunday rather than saturday - wa'ahila ridge at 9 AM - did u guys want to come?

Friday, July 21, 2006 at 9:48:00 PM HST  
Blogger Michelle B said...

Fantastic shot! I love both the color and texture.

Friday, July 21, 2006 at 11:16:00 PM HST  
Blogger jenni said...

that is a stunning photograph. The light on the petals and the detail on the leaf are really beautiful. nice work!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 2:47:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dana! This shot is so beautiful! You're a great photographer! ;-)

Sunday, July 23, 2006 at 9:06:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh how gorgeous!

Thursday, August 3, 2006 at 11:02:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home