Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

An Evening Run Up Koko Head






I decided to take my camera along on this Koko Head trail run after paddling practice yesterday evening and this is the view I get to enjoy despite the burning lungs and wobbly fatigued thighs. Can you guess the name of the beach in the large image?

The small pics are views from the bottom, top, and side of the trail and takes less than 30 minutes to complete. I've drawn a line to outline the path of the trail and circle to highlight the people/parked car in the pics.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

amazing panorama shot! everywhere you go seems so tranquil and serene *zen*

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 1:19:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

I need that in my life, so I guess i seek these types of places =P

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 1:27:00 AM HST  
Blogger Natalie said...

What a breathtaking view!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 3:57:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

The land mass looks like a curved arm to protect the inlet. Nice!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 4:24:00 AM HST  
Blogger Steven said...

looks like hanauma bay to me! was there a couple weeks ago with my special someone who grew up in HI. was a spectacular time. -ST from chicago

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 4:27:00 AM HST  
Blogger Ame said...

Great fotos Kala!

And I'll say Haunauma too...only because I was there back in 1978 and because it's the first thing that popped into my head...and I usually go with my first impression!

Were Steven and I right? :-)

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 7:00:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Beautiful view! Less than 30 minutes? Looks more like an hour at my pace! I don't know my Hawaii beaches, but my guess as to the name of the beach: Koko Head Beach (duh!) ;)

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 7:03:00 AM HST  
Blogger evil cake lady said...

i vote for hanauma bay.
and, you ran up that trail? wow!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 8:10:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Wow I'm speechless.
Great.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 8:11:00 AM HST  
Blogger Michelle B said...

I agree it looks like Hanauma Bay. Which just happens to be the same beach in my profile pic:) Great pictures!!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 10:53:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's a nice view but i couldn't do such a trip... I am afraid of heights!!! ;-) (You're lucky Danafaye!) I love the pic with the green mountain and the blue sky & white clouds. I love the colors and the diagonale structure.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 10:58:00 AM HST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, this is amazing. I would love to do such a trip!

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 8:10:00 PM HST  
Blogger PDPB said...

a stunning landscape.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 at 7:38:00 AM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Oh my goodness, what a trail. Wonderful view from above though.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 3:02:00 PM HST  
Blogger mcBlogger said...

Can't see pictures at work will have to check them out later. I'm not much of a runner. 29 minutes for 5 km's is my last time in. Was distracted though from friends wanting to chit chat along the way.

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 at 9:13:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home