Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Spider Women

Two things I always bring on hikes such as this, a rope and a first aid kit. Its steep, and it brings unimaginable fears to those afraid of heights, but fear is temporary, and once you get to the top, the views are just as spectacular and memorable as the climb itself. This is one of my "introductory" hikes I like to do when time is short and you're looking for a quick fix of adrenaline. This photo was taken Sunday morning at ~8:30 in the morn.
IMG_0014800

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

This photo literally takes my breath away; I actually gasped when I opened the photo and saw the terrain. Not for me, baby!!

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 5:06:00 AM HST  
Blogger GMG said...

Good idea that first aid kit... ;)
Stunning those waves! And Waikiki looks bearable from the sea... ;))
Great shots, Kala!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 7:53:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

I'm with Kate - this gives me vertigo just thinking about you taking this photo! My butt hurts too from the climb. :)

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 10:01:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

hooooo, Kala, my hands got all sweaty & anxiety flooded my body when I opended this...AWESOME SHOT!!! obviously I'm not alone...not my cup of tea, but man you sure bring us places I WOULDN'T GO!!! thanks for the rush!

Friday, March 7, 2008 at 6:21:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

stunning view.
spider woman is doing well, you people are really fit.

Saturday, March 8, 2008 at 2:15:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home