Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chasing the moon

Thank you all for your patience as I am late again on posting in between my busy schedule, but there is a story to the sequence of photos I took in the last two days that I thought I would share with you...
This first photo was taken yesterday evening in haste as I rushed home on my bike to capture the rising moon with its orangish hue, supposedly, as a result of a lunar eclipse in the East Coast. I ran upstairs to my bedroom, grabbed my camera, and ran back outside and just as I was about to take the photograph, half of the moon sneaked in behind the clouds so I am not all too pleased with this image so I decided to take on this endeavor again today...

After biking for 30 minutes in a bit of a rushed pace, I finally got home near Diamond Head from Downtown at around 5:30 to jump into my car, picked my friend up, and headed to Koko Head. Once we reached the base of the mountain, I decided to take the photograph below just in case I did not make it to the top of the mountain in time to capture the sunset...


Sure enough, some 15 minutes later when we reached the top of the mountain, it was too dark to even see where the footpaths were so we ventured back down and headed home where I made my own special post workout snack ... Acai Pie, made with blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, banana, acai, and granola! Yummz! =)...



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. You are so busy these days that to see your name pop up on the portal is like Christmas in July. I am pleased to see all of your photos this morning and your meal looks good but I wonder what it tastes like? Anyway, hope you have a nice weekend.

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 12:25:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Ah, Kala, you are always worth waiting for, although I miss your photos. Love the top one!!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 12:40:00 PM HST  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

It's worth the wait like Kate said! Yummy all around! Hey, I've given you an award on my blog Wailea Daily Photo. You can read about it there.

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 1:28:00 PM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

that's what i SHOULD BE EATING!!

Friday, February 22, 2008 at 5:28:00 PM HST  
Blogger GMG said...

Hi Kala, loved to see the pictures! First they are BIG, and then they are awesome! As far as snack is concerned, I think I would stay with the fruits...
Have a great weekend!
Blogtrotter

Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 1:16:00 PM HST  
Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Wonderful yummy dish. I didn't know what acai was. It is something I would like to try for breakfast. Thanks for showing us.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 3:33:00 AM HST  
Blogger Jazzy said...

what a great come back with a smiley delicious snack and great views with sunset.
i really do miss your posts!

Monday, February 25, 2008 at 1:47:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Cute and healthy!

Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 9:58:00 AM HST  
Blogger aisha said...

Berry good for you!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 4:06:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home