Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

This Old House

This old house
I was on my walk this morning and came across this old house, like I do many times before but never had my camera. Behind this door, like many others, must be many interesting stories to be told.
I find even more interesting, the house below, or rather, the remnants of a house that once stood where the Bamboo forests now reside, hidden deep in the mountains of the Pali...

Abandoned House

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Painting is still quite good, white and blue, where the house`s owner has been coming from?
This kind of remnants also we can find here as in your second photo, they are mostly near Russian border in forests and also in small villages, when habitants have left houses for towns. we have many villages, where only elderly persons are living, all younger have left. But Finland is not only that kind of country, I think !
Have a nice weekend!

Friday, August 10, 2007 at 10:54:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dina said...

ooh, thats a tad scary looking!!!

Friday, August 10, 2007 at 2:32:00 PM HST  
Blogger Jilly said...

Wonderful photos - as you say, what a story that house has to tell. I love it.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 6:08:00 AM HST  
Blogger dr. adder said...

I would like to draw people's attention to this Missing Kids It was brought to my attention by a visitor to my blog and I would like to take the opportunity to spread it further. Please give it a bit of space - I think it is a good idea and should be extended outside the USA. Thank you

Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 10:42:00 AM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Does the owner of the house still living there? from the mailbox and the plants, it looks like it has been abandoned.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 12:17:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

Old houses are very intriguing!

Monday, August 13, 2007 at 4:52:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home