Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Into the clouds

IMG_0117
This was a hike that took us literally into the clouds. Go to [ my Flickr page ] to view other images from this series or go to [ my Hawai'i Video blog ] to view a short video.

Walking up sheer cliffs in high winds, rain, mud, and slippery footing, this was surely a memorable hike. Two hours up and two hours return. It got so cold at the top, my drink got a nice refrigeration!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger ~tanty~ said...

I think you have everything but why must white towel? Is white your favorite color for towel? Just wondering :))
Nice photo - it makes me feel cold though :)

Sunday, April 15, 2007 at 11:44:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great vistas..... such big skies and atmosphere.....

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 1:32:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kate said...

It looks rather challenging. Another item? Kate! I'd slow you down but I'd be good company!!

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 1:33:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dsole said...

hehehe kate was funny
I would add sun lotion.. not for that case because it seems there's no much sun...
How high were you?

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 2:37:00 AM HST  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Hummmm, no hat?

Love the white towel, surely a colourful beach towel wouldn't work as well as a distress signal if waved !

Kala, I fell in love with all your wave/beach shots of late.

Also surprised at reading the frangipani flower called Plumeria. Had never heard of that name before... I think.

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 3:19:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Dsole - that is a good question - I have no idea how high - jus know we were in the cloudstratesphere -not sure thats a real word =P

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 3:40:00 AM HST  
Blogger Monica said...

Was it cold there Kala? Because it look cold.
But I guess it´s warm there right now, isn´t it?

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 10:12:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Its was quite cold as we got higher and higher - but very nice =)

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 11:17:00 AM HST  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Good advice you give here!And as always, stunning photo!

Monday, April 16, 2007 at 4:49:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the towel to wipe camera? hopefully not the lense!

i checked out the flickr set ..it is marvellous!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 10:06:00 PM HST  
Blogger Dsole said...

cloudstratesphere! LOL I don't either, but i understand you! :)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 1:43:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kala, where's this?
I think it's not Haleakala.

Great photo, I'd love to go there.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 4:37:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home