Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Whales Tale

Whale outside Hawaii Kai4
Sorry I am late on posting - had papers to finish and work to do but I hope this was a worthwhile wait - this was a complete accidental pic while I was photographing something else from shore using my zoom - how I wish I had a SLR telephoto for this!

Quite remarkable - you can see more on the flickr page - there was a lot of whales and other ocean activities today!!!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop complaining ;) this is a once in a lifetime shot!

aside from this shot, i like the one which shows the body in your flickr serie

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 1:46:00 AM HST  
Blogger Mandi said...

Wow! Amazing. It's a gorgeous shot, well done.

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 1:53:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dsole said...

wooooow!
I wish someday I can see a whale like you! thank u for sharing that!!

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 3:51:00 AM HST  
Blogger Monica said...

This was totally worth waiting! Thank you so much for this. I could make a poster out of it!

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 4:03:00 AM HST  
Blogger isa said...

Amazing catch! (no pun intended ;-)

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 4:16:00 AM HST  
Blogger Merili said...

Better late than never! The waiting is worth it, this is an amazing shot, great moment captured.

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 6:08:00 AM HST  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

That is so great. I was watching the whales last week but couldn't get any pictures.

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 8:14:00 AM HST  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Really cool shot - great timing!

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 9:54:00 AM HST  
Blogger BarelyLiegl said...

I could even have waited longer for this amazing shot and the Flickr ones. So how often do you actually see whales and dolphins?
Is this a rare pic, or does this happen more often?
You see, I still can't believe the luck of seeing those animals I only know from television LIVE in front of you...

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 3:20:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

I see whales about once every couple of weeks- but I am sure you can see them almost everyday if you just hangout at the lookout and just wait for them - they are very active in hawaiian waters this time of the year

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 7:44:00 PM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kala, this is amazing!

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 10:01:00 PM HST  
Blogger angela said...

I am so envious..;)

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 2:16:00 AM HST  
Blogger Felicia said...

So cool. Have you ever been in the water and have them come close to your canoe? Yikes!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 11:56:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home