Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Looking

IMG_04421000
Two guys looking at the surf - two gals looking - just looking. =)

Today, the waves on the North Shore was estimated to be around 15 to 20 feet or 4.6 to 6 meters - as measured from the back of the wave hawaiian style. The rest of the United States measure waves from the front so that would be equivalent to 30 to 40 feet or 9 to 12 meters.

Most Hawai'i news stations have started to give numbers consistent with the mainland U.S. - measuring wave size from the front.

Hope u all had a wonderful Easter!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Hi Kala!
I haven't visited your blog for quite some time - busy :) Great photos as always.
PS. Are those sexy girls looking at you? :)

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 10:37:00 PM HST  
Blogger Dsole said...

Cute bobies! I would be like a reflecting spot there because of my whiiiiiite skin now ;)

Sunday, April 8, 2007 at 11:46:00 PM HST  
Blogger JaamZIN said...

what a paradise:) the gals are maybe looking at you Kala:)

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 12:04:00 AM HST  
Blogger angela said...

Not a bad way to spend Easter :)

Can I ask how you get photos this size on Blogger, please? They're always so magnificent.
Angela

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 2:14:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kala and thank you for your comments.
I answered to you there and I must say here, that we have a little bit different views right now :)
A whales tale photo is just a great shot.

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 4:10:00 AM HST  
Blogger Simply Jen said...

I didn't realize that was how they measured them here. Great pic.

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 7:55:00 AM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Tanty and Zsolt: They were looking at the surfer =D

Thanks Mimmu!

Angela: I replied via email =)

dsole: sunscreen is a must if you visit - alot of visitors do not realize how strong the sun is - I avoid the sun if I can during peak hours of 10 to 3 PM =)

simply jen: Waimea was sweet! Because of the fallin rocks repair, waimea was not too crowded!

I'm posting another pic early today - hope u all enjoy your week! =P

Monday, April 9, 2007 at 10:50:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home