Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Walking on Water

[ Click on image to enlarge ]
Timing was working on my side when I took this photo. Dad and son watches on as his daughter learns to stand on a surfboard with the help of a beachboy. There's many vendors to rent surfboards in Waikiki and having tried various surf spots, I still think Waikiki has got some of the best waves to learn on. The waves are much more beginner friendly, not as steep in the face, and easier to read. I decided to add this link if you want to find out more about the Waikiki Beach Boys:
[ Waikiki Beach Boys tidbit ] - need to scroll down to that section :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ineke said...

The word surf boy made me chuckle !

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 9:22:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kris said...

hi again! did my earlier comment got through ? .it froze :s

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 10:15:00 PM HST  
Blogger somebody said...

How lucky can one be to live in Honolulu! Great pictures
ps: txs for your advice on my date/time problem - hopefully my dates will be fine now :-)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 10:31:00 PM HST  
Blogger Kala said...

Hi - Thanks for the notes!
- the comment did not go thru - but its the thought that counts :)
thanks for the visit ...
And to Marieta - glad you were able to figure that date/time thing - it baffled me as well at one time :)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 10:48:00 PM HST  
Blogger Nicola said...

Ah, She's gonna be a good surfer. I can see that... :)

Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 8:50:00 PM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home