Honolulu Daily Photos

A photographic journal of images from O'ahu by Dana, Jamie and Kala! =)

      To get latest updates, subscribe here by entering your Email:

Pictures are all taken during the course of my activities such as paddling, surfing, hiking, mountain biking, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddling, rock climbing, archery, skeet shooting, and soon diving - due to my schedule, some postings are done in advanced and posted automatically by blogger on the dates specified. If you have any suggestions, comments, etc for photos you would like me to take, do not hesitate to let me know - enjoy and thanks for stoppin by - Live, Love, Laugh and share the ALOHA!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Sound Medicine

Healing through the power of sound - something completely new to me and very intriguing to watch. According to one of the females I spoke to, the woman wearing the light blue jeans and white t-shirt sitting on the left side of the photo was diagnosed with Cancer and went through chemo therapy. Supposedly, right before she was to receive radiation treatment, she was told her Cancer was completely gone. She attributed that to the "sound" treatment she received similar to the activity in the above photo. [ Click here to watch video ]
Photo was taken on Friday at the University's Earth Day festivities.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger ICE_Molly said...

Cool, that looks a bit like a didgeridoo (a wind instrument of the Indigenous Australians of northern Australia.)

I could do with a massage like that guy laid on the massage table!!

Hey Kala... I'm looking forward to seeing your post for 'May Day'-my favourite flower is the Puakenikeni!! Hint hint... Alohas!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 3:25:00 AM HST  
Blogger Dsole said...

kala this is so magic... I really enjoy your video... can feel the mystic atmoshpere... it has to be very strange to be lay there with all that music... what a pity there were so much air and couldn't hear it very well. but I love the orange/green trousers! ;)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:14:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That is awesome. I totally believe in such holistic forms of healing. I think when we get into the flow of something in and out of ourselves, real healing can take place. Thanks for sharing!! I'm really fascinated. Now I need to find out more . . .

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:44:00 AM HST  
Blogger Olive said...

I closed me eyes listening to that, and I can totaly understand how it can have healing powers. It's really calming music, and not in a way that one might think... it just cleanses you almost, as you listen to it.
Thanks for the post!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 7:32:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could believe, but why not try ...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 8:05:00 AM HST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Sounds interesting. Too bad I can't watch the video. It says: 'can not create direct show player' :(

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 8:24:00 AM HST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another unsolved miracle... interesting!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 8:07:00 PM HST  
Blogger Oya said...

Worth to try i guess...

Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 1:37:00 AM HST  

Post a Comment

<< Home